[GSOC 2013] - RTEMS Run-Time Oriented projects and Raspberry Pi BSP

Cudmore, Alan P. (GSFC-5820) alan.p.cudmore at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 26 16:26:53 UTC 2013

On Feb 26, 2013, at 11:03 AM, Sagara Paranagama <sagara89dev at gmail.com<mailto:sagara89dev at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm Sagara Paranagama and I'm an undergraduate from the University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I took a look at the projects listed at[1] and thought of contributing towards the RTEMS Run-Time Oriented projects for GSOC 2013.

I've got a couple of questions.

1. What are the projects in the Run-Time Oriented section which are relevant to GSOC 2013? (I found that some were already completed in GSOC 2012) To be a bit specific, I'd like to know whether any areas are open for development in the SuperCore Scheduler and TinyRTEMS.

2. Where can I find more information in developing a BSP for the Raspberry Pi? (ex: a contact person, partial implementation etc.) I have a RPi so I'm extremely interested in this project :)

Hi,

I updated my mentor information. I am in the process of submitting a basic Raspberry Pi BSP. Once that is in, there are plenty of improvements and additions to be made to it. You can see the patch I submitted on this mailing list for my initial BSP. You should be able to build RTEMS 4.11 and run some basic tests on the Pi.

Alan

[1] - http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Open_Projects

Thanks
Sagara Paranagama