How to specify a BSP variant to Configure?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Jun 7 07:02:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 06/07/2013 02:03 AM, Claus, Ric wrote:
> I should know this, but I'm stuck.  After cloning the rtems repository, I tried various values of enable-rtemsbsp for:
>
> ../src/configure --target=arm-rtems4.11 --enable-posix --enable-networking --enable-rdbg --enable-cxx --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-multiprocessing --enable-rtemsbsp="xilinx-zynq" --prefix=$TARGET_DIR
>
> e.g., rtemsbsp=xilinx_zynq, xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu, etc., all with no mention of the configured BSP at the end of the configure output.  I don't get it.  I've never been able to make configuration for BSP variants work and don't see how to do it in the Getting Started guide or any other place, so maybe I should ask.

the BSP name is determined by the make/custom/*.cfg names, e.g.

xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu
xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu_smp

> Anyway, once I get an out-of-the-box configuration to work, could someone please tell me the intended way to reconfigure a BSP for our needs?  Currently xilinx-zynq has two qemu make/custom variants and a value for PERIPHCLK in configure.ac that aren't appropriate to our hardware.  Am I to add new make/custom files?  Do I edit configure.ac and then have git complain every time I try to update to the head, or can such changes be made somehow with the configure command?

You can change BSP options with the configure command line, e.g.

configure [...] BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK=123 [...]

This BSP needs very likely some adjustments to run on real hardware.  Feel free
to send patches.

> Curiously, xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu.cfg gives -mfloat-abi=hard.  I thought RTEMS didn't support hardware floating point context switching.  Am I mixing things up, or is this valid only for qemu?  For real hardware, should I specify -mfloat-abi=soft?

The ARM port now supports Neon and VFP-D32.  See also

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/ARM-EABI

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de