C++ static constructors and SMP

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sun Oct 20 00:30:29 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm not a C++ expert (You might get better advice from the GCC
community.) but I'm pretty sure initializing static constructors is
done by the compiler, so the relevant code would be found in gcc
located with either .init/.fini, .init_array/.fini_array or
.ctors/.dtors. RTEMS just puts them in the right place via linkcmds
file. I guess the C++ runtime startup is not honoring some assumptions
made about the static constructors.

-Gedare