[SOCIS] Testing Framework

Marcin Bujar marcin.bujar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 19:53:19 UTC 2013

On 16 September 2013 12:31, Sebastian Huber <

> Hello Marcin,
>

> On 2013-09-15 22:34, Marcin Bujar wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I would just like to update everybody that the work on my SOCIS project on
>> RTEMS testing framework is going well. This week I worked on adding new
>> features to the Unity unit testing tool, primarily adding JSON output
>> support
>> as mentioned in my previous update, but also looking how to compile the
>> program
>> on 16bit architecture so that it is executable on such RTEMS supported
>> platforms.
>>

> it would be nice to know the work flow if I write tests for this new frame
> work.  Do I simply write C files according to the frame work requirements
> and then run a script that generates the appropriate glue code?
>
> How are the RTEMS configurations provided for a particular test program?
>
> The plan is to have as much automation as possible, but we dont have all
the details yet. There will most likely be pre-generated skeleton test
files or templates to use to write new tests. This is the next step in my
project. I will post more information about this to ask for feedback once I
know more.

>> Next week I will be fixing any remaining issues with the output and also
>> implementing 16bit support for unity. Once complete this tool will
>> hopefully be
>> ready to use with RTEMS testing.
>>

> Why does it matter for the test framework which word size an architecture
> has?

As far as I know Unity does not fully support some test functions specific
to 16bit, so my job is to make sure that it does. I will be investigating
this and other compatibility issues this week.

> --
> Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

> Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
> Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
> E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-**brains.de<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>

And to answer the previous questions, I have forked Unity on github so any
features that I develop specifically for RTEMS can be pulled to the
upstream repository once they are ready and if the maintainers find it
useful. And finally I do not have a developer blog but I may actually
create one in the future!

Thanks for the questions!

Marcin