Joel Status and Lack of Responsiveness

Wed Sep 4 22:56:38 UTC 2013

On 9/4/2013 5:42 PM, Oyake, Amalaye (398K) wrote:
> Very sorry to hear this Joel.
>
> If your are still in France, perhaps some of our ESA or CNES friends could
> offer some hospitality.

I am home now and managed leave right on time Sunday
at 6am. :)

I was speaking at http://www.sigops-france.fr/Main/EWiLi13
which coincided with the French Real-Time Summer School.
The organizer of that along with the key figure behind the
GCC Compile Farm both offered to cover the hotel and give
me enough money to get home on.

I should also point out two people bought me a subway ticket
to the police station right afterwards and went with me there.
They tried to help me file a report but I had to go back later
when a translator was on duty. They then proceeded to buy
me a ticket back to my hotel.

One lesson from this is that it takes a lot of good people to
overcome a little bit of work by someone bad. :(

Another lesson is that I have become too comfortable
traveling and wasn't following the security/safety habits
I would have 10 years ago. I am back to the travel wallet
with little in it. :)