Feedback on Bash script to review BSP File Organization

Wed Sep 18 18:07:20 UTC 2013

Hi

I wanted to run the script and see how I could break it. :)

I ran it from libbsp/arm and got a few oddities and error
messages.

=== Checking for RTEMS_BSP_BOOTCARD_OPTIONS in BSP configure.ac
/home/joel/rtems-4.11-work/rtems-testing/merge-helpers/check_submission:
line 232: test_its_not_there: command not found

The above is clearly an integration issue from merging the
scripts.

=== Checking for RTEMS_BSP_CLEANUP_OPTIONS in BSP configure.ac
RTEMS_BSP_CLEANUP_OPTIONS is NOT in ./configure.ac

The above appears to be from the older code being setup
to be inside a single BSP directory while the newer code
scans all BSPs for a single issue.

=== Checking for not using -O2
grep: make/custom/*.cfg: No such file or directory
=== Checking for turning on extra GCC warning checks
grep: make/custom/*.cfg: No such file or directory

Same issue as previous but manifested differently.

=== Checking for timing information
Please run the timing tests and include the results.

Ditto.

I think the older tests need to be adjusted. Each may
need to be wrapped in a loop to cycle over each BSP
and invoke the test in the right subdirectory. Or the
test itself modified.

Also please point me to a case where a required method
is in the wrong file. I recall one in your previous output
but am missing it now.

A little clean up or a check that you are in a single BSP
directory is needed. I am not sure which is the right
solution. I was leaning to it working on a single BSP directory
since that is likely how someone will use it.

But supporting both modes correctly is useful.