[GSOC] RPi BSP RTEMS

Andre Marques andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 22:07:09 UTC 2014

I'm taking this conversation to the list.

On 04/23/14 01:21, Alan Cudmore wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Andre Marques
> <andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com <mailto:andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I am very pleased to have the opportunity to participate in GSoC
>     with the RTEMS project!
>

> Welcome! We are glad to have you helping RTEMS.
>

>     Now, I have some questions:
>
>     1. Does anyone have any recommendation on the proposal?
>

> I like the proposal, but there are a couple of things that may change
> slightly:
> 1. You may want to look into making the UART driver work in interrupt
> driven mode, as it is currently polled.

I will have a look at it.

> 2. For the Framebuffer support, I have been talking to someone off
> list that is making progress on implementing a framebuffer driver. We
> may want to collaborate with this person for the framebuffer.

Certainly. I was scheduling the framebuffer work for July, should that
be re-scheduled?

>     2. Is there any interesting documentation or code you think I
>     should be looking at right now? For the past month I have been
>     studying the RPi BSP code and the RPi architecture for the emmc
>     driver that I am doing for my final project at the university.
>
> From what I can see, you are off to a very good start!
>
>     3. There is no wiki page for the Raspberry Pi BSP (at least I have
>     not found any yet). May I create one using the Open Project
>     template and link it in the Open Projects page under the BSP section?
>

> I did not create one, so please do.
>

>     4. I will create a dedicated development blog for the project very
>     soon. How frequently should it be updated until may 19?
>
>     5. How should the communication happen? Also I am not sure if the
>     Amar Takhar and Muhammad Adnan e-mails are the correct ones.
>
>     I will also be setting a github repository for this, and I am also
>     looking to get my own RPi and some peripherals (I have one at the
>     university right now).
>

> I have been setting up my Pi for RTEMS development again. I recently
> built u-boot and I am going to try to get it to boot RTEMS images from
> a TFTP server. This may help speed up development.
>
> I am also trying out a FT2232H MiniMod evaluation board that is
> supposed to work with the Raspberry Pi JTAG interface and the OpenOCD
> project. It also serves as the USB uart connector. I have it all wired
> up and I hope to try getting it to talk to OpenOCD soon. If I get it
> working, I will document everything. The FT2232H Minimod board was $20
> USD.

Nice. Looking forward to that, as I still need to look at the debugging
part of the development.

Meanwhile I have set up a development blog and a google calendar for the
project:

http://asuolgsoc2014.wordpress.com/

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=mo5guprvls0ip24rnrjio4ogks%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Lisbon

I will try to come up with more news during the weekend.