Using rtl-host in covor - some questions

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Aug 12 22:14:17 UTC 2014

On 8/12/2014 6:58 AM, Krzysztof Mięsowicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on adding symbol generation to covoar. I'm going
> to use rtl::process::execute function to run nm from covoar (as
> suggested by Chris). I do not know exactly how should I use this in
> covoar. Should I build rtl-host as a library and link it to covoar? Or
> maybe there is another, better option?

covoar is in C++ and you would be invoking Python instead of nm from C++
and still producing something that the C++ has to read.

Ian Taylor suggested using nm over the elf libraries because the output
of nm was stable. But converting that code to use an elf reading library
directly would likely be a better solution.

If that's the use of nm you are talking about. :)

Waiting to hear from Chris.