Using rtl-host in covor - some questions

Krzysztof Mięsowicz krzysztof.miesowicz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 09:03:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think we have small misunderstanding here :-) I'm currently trying to
move symbol generation to covoar - previously symbol list was generated in
shell script do_coverage.sh and passed to covoar in configuration file or
as a command line argument. What we want now is to allow covoar to generate
symbols. Chris suggested that use of code in rtl-host repo to manage
symbols (it seems to use elf libraries inside), but this was said to be out
of the scope of this project - I am going to do this after end of SOCIS.
But as the first approximation we decided to invoke nm from covoar, using
functions from rld-process[cpp, h] and parse its output in covoar. I have
it almost done, but currently I added building rtems-syms from rtl-host as
library and use it in covoar. I don't know if this is right solution and
how should it be done better :-)