or1k build issues

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Aug 22 15:11:23 UTC 2014

Hi

Some basic or1ksim BSP issues:

(1) I can't build what is committed.

gmake[7]: Entering directory
`/users/joel/rtems-4.11-work/rtems-testing/rtems/build-or1k-or1k_or1ksim-rtems/or1k-rtems4.11/c/or1k_or1ksim/lib/libbsp/or1k'
Makefile:731: *** missing separator.  Stop.

I think this was an issue with the generated preinstall.am. I will be
committing an updated version.

(2) I built with networking on. I assume the soft float is normal
GCC code and thus the format is IEEE 754. I set a conditional
to indicate that in xdr_float.c

(3) Can we rename or1k_or1ksim to just or1ksim?

It seems redundant to have or1k in the name twice. Are you ok
if I rename the make/custom file?

Does this impact anything else that would need to be updated?

(4) Even with NOP addressed, spcache01 doesn't link. It is
missing a few symbols from the cache manager.

(5) tm27.h is not provided by the BSP so none of the tmtests
or psxtmtests will compile. I added the stub version to the
Makefile.am so the tests will at least compile EXCEPT for the
spcache01 noted above.

(6) Is the or1ksim built by RSB now? If so how?

(7) Is the simulator really just called sim? If so, that is a WAY too
generic name. If that's the case, we need to suggest to Christian
that it gets renamed something more or1k specific like or1ksim.

(8) How do you debug with the simulator?

I think I am close to being able to help investigate but this
weekend is the Southern Brewers Festival so I probably shouldn't
touch code too much. :)