Console driver that needs extra TIMER

Kolja Waschk rtemsdev at ixo.de
Thu Aug 14 17:02:55 UTC 2014

>> If you are working with rtems.git, you could probably just add another
>> BSP setting in confdefs.h for this and push the patch out for

Thanks for that hint. There already seems to be such mechanism in place for SHARED_MEMORY_DRIVER:

confdefs.h
rtems_api_configuration_table Configuration_RTEMS_API = {
   CONFIGURE_TASKS,
   CONFIGURE_NOTEPADS_ENABLED,
   CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TIMERS + CONFIGURE_TIMER_FOR_SHARED_MEMORY_DRIVER,
   CONFIGURE_SEMAPHORES,

At least confdefs allows to add something to CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TIMERS so I can
patch it for running the tests, and soon make it properly dependent on some
BSP setting.

Thanks,
Kolja