Console driver that needs extra TIMER

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Aug 14 17:08:07 UTC 2014

On 8/14/2014 12:02 PM, Kolja Waschk wrote:
>>> If you are working with rtems.git, you could probably just add another
>>> BSP setting in confdefs.h for this and push the patch out for
> Thanks for that hint. There already seems to be such mechanism in place for SHARED_MEMORY_DRIVER:
Glad  you have a temporary solution. I think the permanent solution may
unfortunately be
something that feels it like this (which could grow by drivers * object
classes):

bsp.h:

  #define CONFIGURE_BSP_TIMERS_FOR_CONSOLE_DRIVER 1

confdefs.h:
  default it in the "no bsp section"

  later in a section for standard driver  resources

  #ifndef CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
  #undef CONFIGURE_BSP_TIMERS_FOR_CONSOLE_DRIVER
  #define CONFIGURE_BSP_TIMERS_FOR_CONSOLE_DRIVER 0
  #endif

  and then use it in the timer configuration line.