[GSoC2014] arinc653 on rtems (using pok) patches

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Aug 18 13:13:28 UTC 2014

If you're using git for your development, you can use 'git
format-patch' to convert a set of commits into a set of patches. Some
properly formatted git patches can make it easier to review and merge
your code. Some other notes follow.

virtualpok_arinc653.patch:
* it seems the only part of this patch specific to the arinc653 code
is the Makefile.am and preinstall.am changes?
* The virtualizationlayercpu.h is missing. Is this supposed to come
from another patch already?
* You comment out a few lines in bspstart.c, are these things that were broken?
* Is the linkcmds change required for running pok-rtems?

hello_init_c.patch:
* This would be much improved if you provided a new example instead of
replacing the existing one, like 'arinc653_test.c' or similar.

libpok_rtems_arinc653.patch:
It seems incorrect to remove extern from all of these arrays. Usually
for global variables in C code, there should be one declaration of the
variable with the 'extern' attribute in a header file that gets
included in every c source file that needs that variable, and then one
definition of the variable without 'extern' in just one of the .c
files. Please explain your changes.

Also, the patches that are for pok should be sent to the pok mailing
list(s) for review.

-Gedare