Using rtl-host in covor - some questions

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Aug 24 03:32:58 UTC 2014

On 23/08/2014 2:54 pm, Krzysztof Mięsowicz wrote:
>      >>> There is still one problem waiting for decision :-) What with rtems
>      >>> grub boot img for qemu? How should we integrate it into
>     rtems-tools?
>      >>>
>      >> Chris?
>      > Ah yes. I think we should download an image from a know spot but
>     I have
>      > not looked into how to do this with the RSB.
>

> Where should I place this image? Is there any RTEMS ftp or something
> like this where could I put it, or maybe should I just push it to some
> Dropbox or sth and download it with RSB?

There is ftp.rtems.org and that is where the image can be placed. Maybe
a binary under rtems-tools.git. I am not sure.

I need to add something like '%fetch' to the RSB to allow a
configuration file the ability to do this.

> Chris, should I move rtl-host repo into rtems-tools or wait for your
> action?

There are a couple if issues to resolve. First is how to merge the
commit history from the rtl-host repo into the rtems-tools repo. I would
like the commit history to be present so the history of who has worked
on the code is maintained. Second, what is the structure in the
rtems-tools repo and how to we integrate the various bits under a waf
build tree ?

> I need it to get covoar-related work ready to commit. I am now
> trying to get things working together and would like to prepare patches
> to show them working on the end of SOCIS period.

I understand. I have been travelling for work the past couple of weeks
and that has limited my availability.