Unexpected overlap between .start and *COM* on phycore_mpc5554

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Mon Feb 10 14:05:26 UTC 2014

On Feb 10, 2014, at 08:53 , Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Ok, this is pretty strange.  Normally the common symbols show up if you omit
> the -fno-common option (common symbols are the work of the devil).  Do you see
> this *COM* section in the linker map file?

I did "powerpc-rtems4.11-objdump -shxtr ticker.exe" and don't see any *COM* stuff.

Maybe my problem running things other than "hello.exe" is that when I run out of RAM it uses the Reset Configuration Half Word from the program I originally boot out of FLASH and so the watchdog is expiring?  I think the default RCHW in the program image has the watchdog disabled.

I'm not sure that makes sense, though.   I have no more time to work on this today.  I'll look tomorrow AM.

Peter