Uniprocessor Tests in SMP Configuration

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Feb 24 08:59:35 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-24 09:09, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>  > > 2. Use alternatives to task variables for all RTEMS support components, e.g.
>  > > the file system environment.  Here we can use __getreent() for example with
>  > >
>  > > struct S {
>  > >   struct _reent reent;
>  > >   rtems_user_env_t env;
>  > > }
>
> I am missing some detail here. Can you provide details?

Each thread can have its own file system environment.  So we need some sort of
thread-local storage.  Since applications using a file system will very likely
also enable the Newlib re-entrancy we can re-use the __getreent() function for
the file system environment.  In newlib_create_hook() we create a structure

struct S {
   struct _reent reent;
   rtems_user_env_t *env;
}