Uniprocessor Tests in SMP Configuration

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Mon Feb 24 08:09:39 UTC 2014

On Feb 24, 2014 2:17 AM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> Any of 2, 4, and 5 could be made into reasonable GSoC projects if we
> get accepted as an org?
>
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 5:14 AM, Sebastian Huber
> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would do the following.
> >
> > 1. Implement the thread deletion on SMP.  I will work on this after the
> > profiling.
> >
> > http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/SMP#Thread_Delete.2FRestart
> >
> > 2. Use alternatives to task variables for all RTEMS support components, e.g.
> > the file system environment.  Here we can use __getreent() for example with
> >
> > struct S {
> >   struct _reent reent;
> >   rtems_user_env_t env;
> > }

I am missing some detail here. Can you provide details?

> > POSIX keys should be moved outside the RTEMS_POSIX_API scope.

I almost completed this on the flight over to Munich. Just needs a bit more testing in different build configurations.

> > 3. Disable the task variables via pre-processor on SMP and remove the
> > run-time check.

I started this but it will break the code that uses them when configured for SMP.

> > 4. Add condition variables to the Classic API.

This is beyond airplane coding.;)

> > 5. Use alternatives to disabled preemption for all RTEMS support components,
> > e.g. bdbuf.

We need to make a list of these and propose alternatives. GSOC project possible