Uniprocessor Tests in SMP Configuration

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Feb 26 08:03:36 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-24 23:06, Chris Johns wrote:
>> We (= embedded brains) have currently only a budget for 1.
>
> That is fine. This is an RTEMS Project issue to resolve and finally accept the
> patches and I certainly do not expect you to have to find all the funding and
> complete the work. The RTEMS Project needs to define and manage the tasks so
> they can if possible be done in parallel or by other means. If also lets us
> know what work you have completed and what remains.

Its all written up here:

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php?title=SMP#Implementations

All entries are from us, so this is the work we will do in the next couple of
months.

Completed items have a Status section, e.g.

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php?title=SMP#Status_19

I update also the Design Issues if necessary, e.g.

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php?title=SMP&diff=13990&oldid=13989

My schedule for this work is roughly like this:

1. Profiling

2. Thread deletion support

3. Clustered/partitioned scheduling

4. Fine grained locking for events, semaphores and message queues.

If you have specific requirements, ideas or whatever related to SMP, then
please add it to this wiki page.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de