TCP/IP update, possible SMP (GSOC 2014)

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Feb 28 08:20:22 UTC 2014

Hello Daniel,

On 2014-02-27 15:14, Daniel Ramirez wrote:
> I've seen the status page but I know Sebastian is spearheading the bulk of the
> work and I'm not exactly sure what would be reasonable/useful as gsoc project.
> What I'm specifically looking at:
>
> Migration away from task variables.

its not that much to do here, maybe one or two weeks of work.

> Low level broadcasts.

I am not yet sure if we will need them.  Its also not time consuming, maybe one
week.

> Condition variables seems like a good topic but I want to avoid conflicts with
> other students if possible.

Yes, condition variables are important.

> Work that needs to be done within the scheduler API that would enable SMP.

The work on the clustered/partitioned scheduling is on my high priority list,
so I hope that the scheduler API will be stable before the GSoC starts.  I will
provide only a fixed priority scheduler.

> If I'm missing something that would make for a good project and help get SMP up
> and running, let me know.

Some interesting area also useful for the network stack would be flattened
device tree support for driver initialization and configuration.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de