serdbg and rtems-stub-glue

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jan 23 07:29:48 UTC 2014

Hello Ric,

On 2014-01-22 22:30, Claus, Ric wrote:
> First, it seems strange that there isn’t an ARM version already.  I’ve been assuming that that’s probably because no one has gotten around to it yet, but I’m wondering…  What do ARM developers typically do?

I use GDB only on simulators and use the Lauterbach debugger for real hardware
targets since it enables a much higher productivity.

It shouldn't be that hard to add/update the GDB driver for ARM.  What is
important is that it gets compiled for every BSP so that we can adopt it in
case low-level implementation changes occur.

What is definitely missing is a self contained test case that covers the basic
functionality of the GDB driver.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de