Installing ISR implementation for OpenRISC

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Jul 1 12:59:45 UTC 2014

For a "simple vectored architecture", the usual approach in RTEMS is
to implement some "set_vector()" function that will install a function
pointer in the IRQ table. This function pointer will either be called
in "rtems" mode via trampoline code (ISR_Handler) that sets up a safe
C environment, or will be called directly in "raw" mode and is
responsible to avoid trashing the preempted stack.

For the few interrupt handlers that are provided by the BSP and can
fit in 64 instructions (256 bytes / 4 bytes per insn) you can just
write directly in the IRQ table. I don't know if there are examples in
RTEMS of an API for doing so. Normally, a user just wants to install
an IRQ in "rtems" mode, since that will provide safe access to some
RTEMS directives and gives a usable C program stack.

Gedare