[GSoC Paravirtualization] Identify the sensitive register in X86 platform.

Youren Shen shenyouren at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 16:58:15 UTC 2014

Hi, Everyone:

Since last week,I have improved the hypercall, build a new bsp named
testHypercall to test it.Here is the commit.[1], [2], [3]. I also write a
blog about it[4]. I have send a email to pok email-list about the change.

Then I have read the mail-list about the thread "Including
paravirtualization headers in rtems", in my understanding, we are
discussing about how to make call from the RTEMS to POK, and also about how
to compile the two system into together.
As far as I can see, it seems that we should implement some fake register
in RTEMS and give some virtualization API in RTEMS. Is that right?

Also I have post a blog[5] about the sensitive register in X86 platform,
and analysis the approaching about implementing virtual cpu  in XEN. In my
opinion, If we want to implement the virtual cpu in RTEMS, we should not
concern about sensitive register only, but should consider the context of
cpu as an essential part.

Thank you very much.

[1].
https://github.com/HuaiYuSched/pok/commit/0ffd9716cd6f0f6889794ac67d7eaedc5b3ce5a8