RTEMS GPIO usage issue

Marjorie Dugrand marjorie.dugrand at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 16:48:48 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am currently working on a FPGA Nexys3, I synthesized on it a processor
Leon3, above which I put an OS RTEMS.

I faced a lot of difficulties developing RTEMS applications, so I
decided to focus on interacting with the LEDs and switches of the
Nexys3, but even this I can't seem to be able to implement. I think I
understood the methods I had to use, and designed a little test of my
own :

#include <rtems.h>
#include <gpiolib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#define LED_ADR IO_L2P_CMPCLK

int main() {
    void * port;
    int val = 0;

     printf("Attempting to open the port\n");
     gpiolib_initialize();
     port = gpiolib_open(LED_ADR);
     if (port == NULL) {
         printf("ok not working\n");
         exit(-1);
     }
     printf("Opening succeded\n");
     printf("Attempting to write in the port\n");
     gpiolib_set(port,0,0);
     printf("Writing succeeded\n");
     printf("Attempting to read the port\n");
     gpiolib_get(port, &val);
     printf("Reading succeeded\n");

     printf("value : %d\n, val);

     printf("Attempting to close the port\n");
     gpiolib_close(port);
     printf("Port closed\n");

     return 0;
  }

  but I spent days trying to find out the adress of the ports I would
  like to open,
  and searched all over the Internet (including all the available
  documentation),
  with no success.

 I would really like it if someone could help me.

  Many thanks,

  Marjorie Dugrand