SuperCore Scheduler (GSOC 2014)

Andre Marques andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 00:13:52 UTC 2014

Hello,

As stated in [1] I will be working with RTEMS for my undergraduate
thesis, but I'm also looking to work with RTEMS through GSOC.

For the last month I have been working on a test case to check rename()
POSIX compliance. For GSOC, however, I would like to work on a SMP-aware
scheduler, if possible.

What I understood from the SuperCore Scheduler project page is that
there is still some work to be done on global edf started last year by
Sree harsha konduri. Is it enough or relevant for another GSOC project?

If not, would it be interesting to implement a new scheduler, for
instance pfair or llref?

[1] - http://www.rtems.org/pipermail/rtems-users/2014-January/012375.html

Regards,
André Marques.