SMC91111 performance and copyright

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Sat Mar 15 22:01:23 UTC 2014

On Mar 15, 2014 4:23 PM, Peter Dufault <dufault at hda.com> wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2014, at 15:55 , Joel Sherrill <Joel.Sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't know your RAM or requirements situation but the new TCP/IP stack may also be an option.
>>
>> But if staying with the old stack, updating the driver may be an easier option. There is a collection of newer drivers for the current stack with porting glue in rtems-libbsd.
>>

> My RAM and ROM requirements are very generous: 8MB each.  I didn't realize that the drivers in rtems-libbsd supported the current network stack.  I will look at that.
>
> If they work in the current network stack why aren't they in the current tree?  Testing issues?

There are three pieces and I may have confused you.

+ current stack in tree
+ some add on drivers with porting kit
+ new dual mode stack

I do not think there is an smc driver in the add on kit. I just thought if you decided to use a new driver with the old stack, it would be a good reference.

The new stack may be an option. It would have the latest drivers but has not been tuned at all. We know it is larger than the current stack but I do not know if the performance has been measured.

I am not recommending a solution. Just offering more possibilities.