GSoC2014 proof of running RTEMS + GSoC project option(s)

Janek van Oirschot janekvoirschot at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 03:34:06 UTC 2014

Hello,

Seeing any form of "hello world" pop up always feels euphoric when working
with embedded software/hardware. Attached to this email is a screenshot of
getting a customized hello world ("Hello RTEMS") application running on
RTEMS. Any other way of proving I'm capable of running RTEMS can be
provided if necessary.

Last time I've suggested doing the ARINC653 project but the GSoC 2014
"version" of this project is (if I'm correct) already assigned to another
student (paravisualization project). I'm aware that suggesting my own
project is possible but I think some of the ideas on the open project page
are too interesting to pass up on. I've been looking at either implementing the
asynchronous IO
calls<http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/POSIX_Asynchronous_IO>project
or the porting
of TIPC to RTEMS <http://tipc.sourceforge.net/> project. I'm not sure which
has higher priority.

Please let me know! :D
In meanwhile I'll start writing my proposal.

Thanks in advance,
Janek van Oirschot