GSoC2014 proof of running RTEMS + GSoC project option(s)

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sun Mar 16 17:08:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 11:34 PM, Janek van Oirschot
<janekvoirschot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Seeing any form of "hello world" pop up always feels euphoric when working
> with embedded software/hardware. Attached to this email is a screenshot of
> getting a customized hello world ("Hello RTEMS") application running on
> RTEMS. Any other way of proving I'm capable of running RTEMS can be provided
> if necessary.

Great!

> Last time I've suggested doing the ARINC653 project but the GSoC 2014
> "version" of this project is (if I'm correct) already assigned to another
> student (paravisualization project). I'm aware that suggesting my own
> project is possible but I think some of the ideas on the open project page
That student is focusing on the effort to get RTEMS working within
Pok. Implementing arinc 653 interfaces in RTEMS might still be useful.

You may like to describe your own project if you have one that
interests you in mind.

> are too interesting to pass up on. I've been looking at either implementing
> the asynchronous IO calls project or the porting of TIPC to RTEMS project.
> I'm not sure which has higher priority.

I don't know if anyone cares about that TIPC or not. The AIO calls
were worked on in a prior GSoC so you would have to see what if
anything remains to be done there.

An area that has not received much attention yet is the RTEMS Tester:
http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Tester is a support project
not directly in RTEMS. Most of the programming would be Python.

-Gedare