CAN-PCI device, some problems fixed

jinyang.sia at gmail.com jinyang.sia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 05:50:17 UTC 2014

Hi, Pavel and all

Some of the probems have fixed, and there are still some may take little more
time. Details in https://github.com/Jin-Yang/QEMU-1.4.2 .

the license problem: done.

Recently, I have tried to find out how to just compile part of QEMU, then
we can choose if the CAN-PCI module should be compiled. However, I didn't
find out how to do that. Then I think ONLY  on linux platform the CAN-PCI
device can be supported then "#ifdef __linux__" added. I think this maybe
work which also means CAN-PCI can only be used on Linux. I don't have
a Windows environment(tried many times, but failed), so I don't know if
this can work, just hope so.

I have downloaded the recent Git version 2.0.0-rc0, just as you say
register_char_driver_qapi() was used. I will try to figure out how this works.
Then change CAN-PCI to this form too. Maybe this will take som time.

When you said "It would worth to separate SJA1000 part of the code from
PCI mapping to allows use SJA1000 emulator even on non-PCI  platforms.
 It would worth even to allows to use SJA1000 emulator with different PCI
cards mapping", does this mean that see SJA1000 as a common device just
like the UART device? Is this really necessary? Since the CAN device is not a
common device for the computers. I think maybe PCI is a better choice.

About the readable constants, most of the numbers has been replaced
some of them such as addr16-28 may be different when reading or writing.
So, I think check the DataSheet maybe a good choice, maybe this can be changed
when debug the LinCAN this summer later.

jinyang.sia at gmail.com