Documentation

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Mar 13 22:57:51 UTC 2014

On 13/03/2014 10:44 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to find a good place for the user-level profiling documentation
> and I struggled again with the Doxygen vs. Texinfo duplication.  I
> raised this issue several times over the last years, but we cannot carry
> on with this parallel structure forever.  I think it is quite hard to
> navigate through the HTML version of the user guide
>
> http://rtems.org/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/html/c_user/index.html
>
> and the visual appearance is not state of the art.  So we should convert
> the user guide in the long run to a modern documentation system.  I
> don't care if this is Doxygen or something else, but it must support API
> documentation generation from the sources.

I agree. This can happen once we have moved to the new server system
because we will be able to have other services running.

We need to keep user and developer documentation separated. We also need
to be mindful of the how we manage all the documentation from user
interfaces as reference material, to the BSPs in a release, BSP on head,
then through to fast changing developer type documentation.

Amar has some views on this so I hope he pops up and comments.

Chris