Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Mar 20 14:04:05 UTC 2014

Youren Shen,

It looks like the problem you are having is that RTEMS "hello world"
executes a sensitive instruction? There should not be any such
instruction when you use the --enable-paravirt option, so you need to
determine where this instruction gets executed. The best way to do
this is to hook gdb up to an executing qemu. You can start qemu with
some -S option to prevent the boot sequence from starting to give you
some time to load gdb and connect it to qemu's gdbserver socket. once
you have done this, you should be able to set some breakpoints in the
pok/hello application to step through the program, or you might be
able to catch exceptions before they get raised to pok. The other
option should be that inside pok there should be some information
about the source of the exception that you might investigate.

Please keep us informed about your progress on this problem,
Thanks,
Gedare