Threads Assigned to Cores in High to Low Order

Jennifer Averett Jennifer.Averett at OARcorp.com
Mon May 12 17:39:10 UTC 2014

Hi

I also spotted that threads are now assigned to cores from high core
to low core. This is the reverse order of what they were previously.

Joel and  I don't think this is a problem since there are no fielded SMP
applications and it is hard to imagine how someone could have
legitimately depended on the order of assignment anyway.

It is just a difference and we wanted to note it on record.

Jennifer Averett
On-Line Applications Research