gdbarmsim: iostream fails.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon May 26 02:44:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have pushed changes to the gdbarmsim. These changes plus the no-isr v2
patch give the following results:

Passed:   448
Failed:     0
Timeouts:   2
Invalid:    1
-------------
Total:    451

Timeouts:
  spfatal26.exe
  sp54.exe
Invalid:
  cxx_iostream.exe
Testing time: 0:04:20.781195

The iostream sample test is failing because it clears the workspace and
it is exposing an issue. If I define BSP_GET_WORK_AREA_DEBUG in the
bsp.h the iostream test passes. With out BSP_GET_WORK_AREA_DEBUG the
executable is 256 bytes less and the workspace is 256 bytes larger. I do
not know why this makes a difference.

The failure is due to the mknod call to create the console node failing
because the node name is all null characters. The call is
shared/console-polled.c:78:

   status = rtems_io_register_name( "/dev/console", major, 0 );

and inside rtems_io_register_name the name is empty.

The call to _Workspace_Handler_initialization seems fine and the
workspace is cleared without a problem however the next call to
RTEMS_Malloc_Initialize results in the string being cleared.

Any hints ?