Executing Thread Migrating Due to Affinity Change

Thu May 29 19:28:53 UTC 2014

Hi

The priority affinity algorithm appears to be behaving as
we expect from a decision making standpoint. However,
Jennifer and I think that when a scheduled thread must
be migrated to another core, we have a case for a new
state in the Thread Life Cycle.

I am thinking that the thread needs to have a blocking state
set, have its context saved and be taken out of the scheduled
set. Then a life cycle state change handler van run as an
extension to unblock it so it can be potentially scheduled to
execute on another processor.

Thoughts? Comments?