Proposed RTEMS Community Code of Conduct

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Nov 10 17:11:01 UTC 2014

Hi

While at the GSOC Mentor Summit, I heard a story from another
organization about some inappropriate behavior by someone.
They were fairly easily able to deal with this because their
organization had an agreed upon Community Code of Conduct (CCoC).
This provides guidelines on expected behavior as well as what
will occur if these are violated.

We have never had anything happen as bad as they did but it
made me want to have one.  The proposed CCoC has been reviewed
by core RTEMS developers and some open source folks from other
communities.  The current draft is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kjfDukrbQ0Pwoypw9xWb4-iz2OhSeh_VLf40IqFKqaM/edit?usp=sharing

Comments can be made inside the document (Insert>Comment)
or on the mailing lists.

Once discussion has settled and the majority approves, this will
be posted and in effect.

Thanks.