Proposed RTEMS Community Code of Conduct

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Nov 12 13:47:37 UTC 2014

On 11/10/2014 06:11 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> While at the GSOC Mentor Summit, I heard a story from another
> organization about some inappropriate behavior by someone.
> They were fairly easily able to deal with this because their
> organization had an agreed upon Community Code of Conduct (CCoC).
> This provides guidelines on expected behavior as well as what
> will occur if these are violated.

As you may know, I am opposed to any such Code of Conducts, as well as I
do not see any need for the RTEMS list to implement one.

Why?

a) The issues you mention have never been a problem to the RTEMS list.
That said I feel you trying to implement problems to a current non-issue.

b) I for one consider "Code of Conducts" to an ongoing fashion/hype,
which as I feel probably, originates from certain tendencies in US-society.

c) I have seen many occassions, where "Code of Conducts" have been
applied as a means of censorship to silence and suppress oppositions in
case of disagreement or dispute.

d) Some of these project who are proud to have implemented a "Code of
Conduct" wonder about loosing users. Why? cf. c)

Ralf