gdb patches to RBS

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.se
Sat Nov 15 20:46:03 UTC 2014

On 11/15/2014 01:14 AM, Chris Johns wrote:

>>> Excellent. I suggest you provide git patches for the rtems-tools.git repo to add the patches and then provide RSB patches for the sparc gdb build to use them. There are specific sparc patches already present which need updating as they are currently stopping us moving off
>>> gdb-7.7.
>>
>> I tried to move RBS to gdb-7.8.1, but there were several other
>> dependency problems that I could not (easily) fix.
>
> Are these gdb, RSB, or rtems-tools patch issues ?

I have fixed this now, and attached a patch to switch rtems-sparc to gdb-7.8.1.
The patch goes on top of the previous, and could probably be squished with it.

The culprit was that FSF does not distribute .bz2 files of gdb-7.8.1, only .gz and .xz .
I fixed this by adding a new source-builder/config/gdb-7.8.1-1.cfg file. The sis patch
for gdb-7.7 also applies on gdb-7.8.1 so no need to update rtems-tools.

Jiri.