4.11 Branching To Do

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Oct 29 21:49:59 UTC 2014

Hi

Since we are long over due for a release.  I can count 4 new children
and a grandchild among the core developers since 4.10. :)

Here is what I have off the top of my head:

Mandatory
==========
+ Tool version selection
   - Likely gcc 4.9 on almost all targets.
   - binutils last release
   - newlib TBD
   - GDB could be new release

+ BeagleBoard BSP added

+ Run-Time Loader merged and tested

+ Visit the Getting Started manual. It is dated.

+ Push a bit more on warnings.
   - Three BSPs represent bulk of remaining warnings

Very desirable
+ x86 context switch SMP handoff logic

+ Pi GSOC Code merged.

Anything else?