4.11 Branching To Do

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Oct 29 23:35:54 UTC 2014

On 30/10/2014 8:49 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Mandatory
> ==========
> + Tool version selection
>     - Likely gcc 4.9 on almost all targets.

All but m32c and h8300 ?

>     - binutils last release
>     - newlib TBD

What happened about the snapshots ?

>     - GDB could be new release

Patches need updating. They are in the rtems-tools repo. Anyone on the
list able to help ? The change is simple. GDB remove the old P()
wrappers around decls and that broke the patches I created.

> + BeagleBoard BSP added

Yes this is important.

> + Run-Time Loader merged and tested

A patch has been posted but it needs at least a v2 before being merged.

I need to add tests and this needs a tool to generate a suitable kernel
symbol table. I am working on adding this to the rtems-syms tool in the
rtems-tools repo. That part is ok but it has uncovered an issue with the
RTL code living in librtemscpu.a. It seems the symbol table's object
file and the RTL in a library results in some strange dependency dance
where unresolved externals happen. It is proving difficult to track down.