rtems capture: ctload and stack usage functionality

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Sep 17 23:08:56 UTC 2014

On 18/09/2014 3:30 am, Jennifer Averett wrote:
> Are there any objections to getting rid of the cpu usage and the stack
> checking capability in the capture engine.  I think rtems cpu usage and rtems stack
> checker should be used instead.   Keeping this information in the capture
> engine seems redundant and this minimizes information that has to
> be kept in the tcb when the capture task is removed.
>
> If there is actually any information that is not available by the other
> means, then we need to address that.
>
> I am trying to clean cruft out of the capture engine and simplify it. If
> there is a real need, we should find the best way to do it based on how
> things are implemented today.

Removing the stack checker is fine.

Monitoring the load can also go now the cpu usage has been fixed *but*
the ctload command has a 'top' like display which is nice so 'cpuuse -t'
or a 'top' command would be really really nice to have available. It
would be a shame for this to go and the code be forgotten. :)