git send-email error on Centos 7

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Aug 19 15:46:00 UTC 2015

Hi

I am trying to move to CentOS 7 as a development environment
and not having much luck on "git send-email"

Has anyone encountered this and know how to solve it?
I can't seem to find anything that I can do without
editing the utility itself to resolve this.

Send this email? ([y]es|[n]o|[q]uit|[a]ll): a
  Using the default of SSL_verify_mode of SSL_VERIFY_NONE for client
  is deprecated! Please set SSL_verify_mode to SSL_VERIFY_PEER
  together with SSL_ca_file|SSL_ca_path for verification.
  If you really don't want to verify the certificate and keep the
  connection open to Man-In-The-Middle attacks please set
  SSL_verify_mode explicitly to SSL_VERIFY_NONE in your application.
   at /usr/libexec/git-core/git-send-email line 1211.
Can't call method "message" on an undefined value at /usr/libexec/git-core/git-send-email line 1211.