libfs: are we actually using User/Group IDs?

Martin Galvan martin.galvan at tallertechnologies.com
Fri Dec 4 19:26:04 UTC 2015

Hi everyone! While looking at the JFFS2 struct _inode I noticed it has
attributes such as i_uid and i_gid. Are these a leftover from the eCos
port, or does RTEMS have the concept of users/groups?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm planning on bringing the
F2FS code from Linux, and I'll probably be using that same struct
_inode. We were thinking maybe we could trim these unneeded attributes
in the future to reduce the filesystem overhead a bit.