libfs: are we actually using User/Group IDs?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Dec 4 19:39:28 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Martin Galvan <
martin.galvan at tallertechnologies.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone! While looking at the JFFS2 struct _inode I noticed it has
> attributes such as i_uid and i_gid. Are these a leftover from the eCos
> port, or does RTEMS have the concept of users/groups?

RTEMS has the concept of user/groups. :)

FWIW you should look at the fstests. A subset of them are designed to be
instanced for different file systems. They have been instanced for RFS,
DOSFS, and JFFS2.

> The reason I'm asking this is because I'm planning on bringing the
> F2FS code from Linux, and I'll probably be using that same struct
> _inode. We were thinking maybe we could trim these unneeded attributes
> in the future to reduce the filesystem overhead a bit.

What's the license on this filesystem? Is there a way to ensure we stay
in sync?

Of course, that's assuming you plan to submit it. :)