RTEMS User Level Tracing?

isaac.gutekunst isaac.gutekunst at vecna.com
Fri Dec 18 19:36:06 UTC 2015

Hi All,

We're interested in trace some application data in our RTEMS project.
Here's a bunch of background and thoughts:

I've read the following pages:
	* https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Tracing
	* https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Tracing/Trace_Linker

I think I have an understanding of the current system as documented.
Tracing user defined data types seems to be missing. I'm looking for
something more like barectf. Is there any such support available, or any
plans to support it? I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

If there isn't support already, maybe some parts of the trace
infrastructure can be reused, notably the backed for storing the data,
and/or sending it out over the network. Are there plans to make the
Trace Linker natively output CTF data? Perhaps barectf could be used for
this purpose.

Isaac

--
Isaac Gutekunst