Linker Set Based Initialization

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Dec 8 15:09:41 UTC 2015

On 08/12/15 16:03, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> What BSPs/architectures have you tested?

I temporarily moved the splinkersets01 test to the samples/ticker and
tested that all BSPs build and link this test.

I executed the splinkersets01 test on sis, psim and
arm_realview_pbx_a9_qemu.

> Is this something that breaks on a per BSP basis? or per architecture
> basis?
> I am assuming that since it is linker based, each BSP could have
> broken linkcmds.
> Is that right?

It breaks on a per linker command file basis. Since all the maintained
BSPs use a linkercmds.base, which shouldn't be a big issue.

For requirements on the linker command file, see new chapter in user
manual. However BSPs should not deal with this in copy and paste linker
command files and instead use a linkercmds.base file.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de