Linker Set Based Initialization

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Dec 10 07:40:07 UTC 2015

On 09/12/15 13:48, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> On 08/12/15 21:10, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>

>> ----- Am 8. Dez 2015 um 16:03 schrieb Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org>:
>>
>>     What BSPs/architectures have you tested?
>>

>> I will test the with the attached patch tomorrow on all BSPs. This
>> patch adds a link time test to ticker. This test verifies that the
>> linker command file modifications for the RTEMS linker sets are all
>> right. I verified by hand that it detects a missing KEEP(), SORT() or
>> section description.
>
> I already identified some problems. I will fix this tomorrow since
> building all BSPs takes some time (I rebuilt the 4.12 tool chains for
> all targets today).

I built all BSPs with the attached patch to check if the RTEMS linker
set descriptions in the linker command file are all right. I am now
quite confident that all issues are fixed and no BSP is broken due to
this change.

Some BSPs (e.g. bfin) place the read-write data before the read-only
data. I checked them by hand.

Some PowerPCs have a general linker error unrelated to the linker sets.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de