Compiling POSIX based (hypercall + Rump Kernel) to run above RTEMS/POSIX issue

Hesham Moustafa heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 15:38:17 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I was trying to compile/build Rump Kernel (POSIXy hypercall + Rump
kernel) as a library to run above RTEMS/POSIX. So, this POSIXy
Hypercall expects the host (which is RTEMS here) to provide the
required POSIX implementation.

When I tried to build hypercall + Rump Kernel [1] as a library, the
configure script tries to search and compile the corresponding POSIX
functions in order to make sure they really exist, so the headers are
not enough, and thus the build fails because I couldn't make it refer
to RTEMS/POSIX implementation.

I don't know what are the proper solutions here. What I can do is to
copy hypercall source to RTEMS, add it to the cpukit/rump for example,
and build it there, so it can find the required RTEMS/POSIX
implementation when it tries to link.

The other solution may be modify Rump kernel configure so that it
knows about RTEMS/POSIX source (or discard this configure checking),
Antti, does this make sense?

[1] https://github.com/rumpkernel/buildrump.sh
--
Hesham