Waf branch - Tools [3/6]

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Feb 7 01:43:08 UTC 2015

On 7/02/2015 12:25 pm, Amar Takhar wrote:
> On 2015-02-07 10:31 +1100, Chris Johns wrote:
>> How do these command relate to the work I have already done in the
>> rtems-tools.git for the rtems-test command ?
>
> Yes I saw you used the name.  I have not had a chance to look at what your work
> does it may be similar or completely different.

I suggest you take a look. There is a lot of work and it is Python based
with a class structure and a clean interface. It is designed to run from
a command line or integrated with other Python code that imports it.

The tester has an MI interface to control GDB plus it manages and
handles the serial console output from real targets and piped output
from simulators. It supports running tests in parallel, something that
makes testing on simulators important.

>> The rtems-tools.git repo contains the details for running a executables
>> on a number of targets as well as running all the tests RTEMS builds ?
>
> I have not had a chance to look at this.  The work I did on both of those tools
> preceeds what you did in rtems-tools.

The tester has been available in rtems-tools.git for over a year now. :)

It will be installed when rtems-tools.git is built and installed as part
of an RSB tools build.