Waf branch - Configuration [4/6]

Amar Takhar amar at rtems.org
Mon Feb 9 21:20:30 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-10 08:15 +1100, Chris Johns wrote:
<snip>
> > Look in config.cfg when you do a 'waf' configure for all the available options
> > these are exposed there.
> >

> Do I just edit these options ?

Yes.

> If so, is this temporary or the way we do this ? I am considering the
> use case of a project with a release process that includes building
> RTEMS. I am not sure patching this file is a good idea as it could be a
> little fragile.

What do you mean by 'patching'?  It is a configuration file that is generated by
using 'waf config'.

I'm planning on adding an option to support having different config files.  I
also want to add support for defining options during 'waf config'.  Environment
variables will never be supported or switches during the 'build' phase.  When
changing options configure must always be re-run this is to ensure the build is
always done correctly.

Amar.