Waf branch - Configuration [4/6]

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Feb 11 03:16:37 UTC 2015

On 10/02/2015 8:20 am, Amar Takhar wrote:
> On 2015-02-10 08:15 +1100, Chris Johns wrote:
> <snip>
>>> Look in config.cfg when you do a 'waf' configure for all the available options
>>> these are exposed there.
>>>

>> Do I just edit these options ?
>
> Yes.
>

>> If so, is this temporary or the way we do this ? I am considering the
>> use case of a project with a release process that includes building
>> RTEMS. I am not sure patching this file is a good idea as it could be a
>> little fragile.
>
> What do you mean by 'patching'?  It is a configuration file that is generated by
> using 'waf config'.

And as I see below options can be altered in a controlled manner instead
of a local patch applied after the config phase. This is what I was meaning.

> I'm planning on adding an option to support having different config files.  I
> also want to add support for defining options during 'waf config'.

Great. So I can take this to mean I will have a way to say "no L2 cache
on Zynq" on the command line to 'waf config' ?

> Environment
> variables will never be supported or switches during the 'build' phase.

+1 on both these. Thanks so much.

> When
> changing options configure must always be re-run this is to ensure the build is
> always done correctly.

Ok.