Open Project Page Update

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Jan 15 18:41:04 UTC 2015

Hi

We need to do this frequently but it is time to update the Open Projects
page: https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects

In particular, we need more project ideas and, when not simple to
describe, help
writing up the project idea description pages. We need this ASAP for GSoC
applications start early February.

I have a few rough ideas which I need fleshing out. I am sure you all
have others:

+ more Beagle peripherals: TCP/IP with new stack high on list
+ more Pi peripherals: TCP/IP over USB with new stack
+ Intel Edison BSP improvements: assuming documentation available
+ VESA x86 BIOS - Pavel's idea
+ Coverage reporting improvements - last year's code works but
   is not production worthy. GCOV support could use work and
  generation of gcov reports as part of our output.
+ rtems-testing improvements - more simulators, run gcc tests,
+ RSB - work on add-on "recipes" and other ideas
+ trace improvements and visualization

Help appreciated. I can't do this all by myself. If you have an idea or
can help write up a project idea, please speak up. A few minutes
writing really helps.

Thanks.